But now that Facebook has turned around (in this statement), so has the weather.
Today (or rather yesterday, because I fell asleep at the keyboard when I was about to post this last night, and then decided to go to bed instead) was hot, hot, hot, and tomorrow is supposed to be sweltering, by Canadian standards anyway (and yes, it’s tomorrow already and it’s a humid scorcher).
It’s perfect weather for today’s (Day 9 in Susan’s Last 10 Days in May Magic Bullet Muffin & Fat Back Buster UnDiet & Weight Release Thing), cool and juicy recipes invented by — you guessed it — feminist Facebook slayer me LOL 😛
I forgot to tell you I have a juicer, albeit an old one, but a juicer nevertheless. I got it years ago when I went on a no-sugar, no-wheat, no-wine, no-fucking-fun-at-all regime as I battled the yeast infection from hell. But that’s another story. However, it’s worth mentioning that since I started drinking soy milk regularly (about eight months ago), the chronic candida from which I suffered for six years seems to have been cured. Thank you soy milk!
ANYWAY. I pulled out the juicer this morning and juiced some carrots. Love carrot juice. Love it, love it, love it. Drank so much of it during the aforementioned n-f-f-a-a yeast beast that my skin began to turn orange. I kid you not. Today, I combined the carrot juice with grapefruit (and the usual almond milk, soy milk, Chia seeds base for a tangy start to the morning.
Tangy Carrot Grapefruit Smoothie
- 1/2 cup soy milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup carrot juice
- 1/2 medium grapefruit (peeled)
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
- one or two ice cubes
Put it all in the Magic Bullet big cup and blend. If you find it too tangy, add some honey to make it yummy!
It was so hot at lunch that I made a cold Gazpacho soup – quick easy and superlatively delicious! I “cheated” a bit and accompanied with a corn tortilla with sharp Cabot cheddar cheese melted on top (microwave for one minute).
Getchya Some Gazpacho
- 1/3 cup soy chicken stock
- 1/2 medium cucumber (peeled)
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/3 cup V8 or Clamato juice
- 1/2 small garlic clove (or to taste)
- several drops of Tabasco or other hot sauce to taste
- two ice cubes
Combine all the ingredients in the Magic Bullet cup, put on the blade, and blend! This is SUCH a refreshing soup on a hot day, and deliciously nutritious also. Last time I made it, I also added my own home-grown alfalfa sprouts.
I forgot to take a picture, so I put some tulips from my morning walk instead….
Shrimp salad with mayonnaise lemon, and celery. Cherry tomatoes, lettuce and whole grain toast on the side. No Bullet involved in this one!
See you tomorrow inshallah 🙂
Important caveat: I am not a nutritionist, and this may or may not be a “healthy” regime for me or you or anyone else. It’s just a thing I’m doing for a short time for my own personal long-term well being.
- The Magic Bullet (tamberrinoartstudio.wordpress.com)
- Last 10 days in May fabulous food list (amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com)
- Susan’s Last 10 Days in May Magic Bullet Muffin & Fat Back Buster UnDiet & Weight Release Thing (amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com)
- Day 1: Last 10 Days in May Magic Bullet Muffin Buster (amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com)
- Day 2: 10 Days in May Magic Bullet Muffin Buster (amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com)
- Days 3 & 4: 10 Days in May Magic Bullet Muffin Buster (amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com)
- Facebook, food & feminism (Days 5, 6, 7 & 8) (amazingsusansblog.wordpress.com)
- The Magic In The Magic Bullet (viewpoints.com)
- Silk PureAlmond Review (slendergrapefruit.wordpress.com)
- 5 Tips for More Satisfying Smoothies (thekitchn.com)